Thursday, September 27, 2012

In the studio



The last couple of days in the studio I got things done for several projects.  Finally, I got started weaving some grey chenille scarves.




They are several yummy shades of grey and I'm very pleased with the progress.  The warp was wound and resting on another loom for several months before I finally got around to putting it on the loom, so it's great to be weaving them.


I've also been working on another couple of pieces for exhibition.  I wove a very long warp for a wall panel that's scheduled to be exhibited at Fox Fine Jewelry in Ventura in November and December.  But I cut a section off the same warp to show in the Studio Channel Islands Art Center member's show starting next week.  The piece is a combination of wool and rayon chenille, where the wool is felted to make the chenille pucker.  The wool didn't felt evenly and I didn't like the way the piece hung so I stretched it out on a blocking board, wet it and let it dry.  Here it is on the blocking board.




Another thing I'm working on is developing a course for Craftsy.com on rigid heddle weaving.  Right now I'm planning the projects I'll use to demonstrate the techniques.  Here's how that's looking.....




It's been lots of fun getting new yarns and deciding what projects to match them up with.  More to come as these pieces develop..... 

1 comment:

Pat S. said...

Hi Deborah: I love Craftsy.com and I'm looking forward to taking a look at your class there, and also to meeting you at Stitches East!

Pat Sointu