Saturday, October 27, 2012

Guild Activities

Today was a good day.  The Ventura County Handweavers Guild had their annual Harvest Sale at the studio so there were many weavers and possible weavers through my studio.  I love to see the look in someone's eye when they're thinking about learning to weave and they see all my looms and yarn and start to imagine what they can do.  Several people were really interested in taking classes and want to see a schedule for what's coming up.  This is a really good incentive for me work out my schedule for the beginning of the year.  

For sure I'll be offering a beginning weaving class for the 4 harness loom.  And a couple of people today mentioned that the rigid heddle log cabin class at Stitches West is sold out, so that might be a good one to offer at the studio as well.  If you have any requests for classes, please let me know so I can try to schedule them.

Redfish Dyeworks had a booth at the Harvest Sale so of course I was admiring their beautiful yarn.  Sandy and Elf talked to me about working with some of their yarn for an upcoming project which is really exciting!

After everyone went home from the Harvest Sale, I got to work on samples for my Craftsy class and was able to finish 3 using pick up sticks.  Then I made plans for a finished project for that lesson, so I felt like I got alot done.  But before I left I wanted to work on a floor loom  piece so spent another couple of hours tying a new warp on to an old one.  Didn't get as far on that as I would have liked, but it will still be there tomorrow.

So a good day - talking with friends and new weavers, planning classes and making samples, and weaving on a project!

No comments: