Tuesday, October 30, 2012

On the Loom

The last couple of days I've gotten lots of weaving in.  Here's the latest piece on the loom.  I love how vibrant the colors are.


Then this evening I finished weaving and cut it off the loom and stretched it out on the floor in the studio.


After I got home I put it in the washer to felt (full) the wool.  I think the dye in the dark purple chenille ran a bit and maybe muted out some of the other colors.  Bummer.  But it's drying now and I won't be able to see the true colors until after it's dry.  It's a large piece of fabric, measuring 155" long on the loom, by 48" wide.  I'm pretty sure it will be at least 1/3 smaller after it shrinks up.

So tomorrow I'll be packing up my things in preparation for the Contemporary Crafts Market in Santa Monica.  I enjoy doing the show, but getting ready is lots of work.

No comments: