Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Preparations

Today I stayed home from the studio to work on plans and samples for the Craftsy course I'm preparing.  Although I'm used to developing classes, writing handouts, and making samples, this process for the Craftsy course is an adventure.  For me it's a new and different way of thinking about how to present information.  I think the strangest part will be teaching the lessons with no real students to interact with, just the film crew.  But the exciting part is thinking about how many people will have access to the course, and the potential for engaging many new weavers!

I'm very thankful for my wonderful partner at Craftsy, Liz, who is guiding me through the process and helping me focus.  So my next three weeks will be extremely busy weaving the rest of the samples for the classes.  Today I finished a table runner and several samples in the log cabin pattern that will be a part of the course.  It makes me happy to see them now drying after being wet finished.

Meanwhile, Pat S., one of the students from Stitches East sent images of the bag she made in the color and weave class there.  After Pat got home, she lined her bag with some very pretty fabric and added a nice handle.  Thanks, Pat, for sharing!  I love what you did.






No comments: